Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 21:38:24 -0500
At 05:01 PM 3/6/97 -0600, Bill Harrison wrote:
>Is it possible to have certain mail programs, like Agent, burst a
>listserv digest into individual messages?

"formail" (part of the procmail package) will do this (the command
the digest is fed to is
        formail +1 -ds
).  As far as I know, though, it's only been implemented on UNIX, though
I'd think that part of the code ought to work with anything that has
the capability to spit out a message (the digest) and accept other
messages (the burst results) in a format looking like a mail message.

>If so, what mail programs have this capability and how does the digest
>have to be configured to do this.

AFAIK, this requires nothing special about the digest format (other than
it put in at least two of the posters' headers).  It can be "fooled" by
unquoted headers within a message, though (as will most any bursting
algorithm, if you think about it).

Hope that helps,
Stan