Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:00:07 -0400
** Sometime around 11:20 -0400 04/23/1999, eiji sekine said:

>Dear netters,
>
>As a listserv owner, I have a question. We set the "reply to" for the list,
>but some of our subscribers complain that when they reply, their messages
>go to the original poster instead of going to the entire group. I would be
>grateful if someone would explain why this happens and how to fix the
>problem.

Just a guess, but I'll bet that you aren't forcing Reply-To munging.
Try this:

* Reply-to= List,Ignore

It forces Reply-To to point to the list in *all* cases, not just those
in which there was no Reply_to already in the header.

If you are already doing that, and you are still receiving complaints
about replies going to the sender instead of the list, then either the
Reply-To line is being stripped off somewhere between LISTSERV and the
recipient(s) in question, or they are using non-compliant mail readers.