Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:49:35 -0500
On: Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:57:49PM -0500,FunnyMan Wrote:

} Hello, everybody!
}
} I am deaf-blind list owner in two lists, I would like to ask you a
} question concerning REVIEW command:
}
} When I set someone who violated my list rules, I put a person in REVIEW
} by SET command and then, when he wrote to my list, and he asked me "Why
} am I being moderated..."? So, I did tested with my AOL account (backup
} service in case my primary service went down) and I found out that when
} I send test message and I received a message from LISTSERV informed me
} that my message was forwarded to a person who maintained pre-approved
} message. I did not wnat this announced like that. How can I turn the
} announcement off (your message has been forwarded to...) so, to avoid a
} violators from asking me this question like that. For example, when I
} posted a different list that I am on that I am set to REVIEW and I do
} not get anything from LISTSERV, just quiet that was all. My friend
} approves my posts. (The list I speak of is moderated to all subscribers)
} how do I do that?
}
} Aso, I have another question for you. How does that work if my list has
} two owners (Owners=) in two lines, but when a person in REVIEW mode
} sends to my list, the only person is me to see pre-apprved message, but
} not another list owner??? Because I have two list owners.Nothing else.
} Oh, also, I have Errors-to, does pre-approved message go to Error-To
} keyword??? I just wonder about that, that's all.

John,
Do these list names have a MAILTPL file?

If so, add the following 2 lines to it, either via email or the web
interface as you prefer:

>>> POST_EDITOR Message sent to user when posting is forwarded to editor
.qq

But in doing so, make sure you don't already have a ">>> POST_EDITOR"
section.  Remove it if so.  The section consists of all lines from the
">>> POST_EDITOR" line to  (but NOT including) the next line starting
">>>" or the end of the file.

If these lists don't already have a MAILTPL file, create one with the
same 2 lines.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67