Fri, 10 Feb 1995 08:35:29 -0600
> I'll stick to no gatewaying and Send= Editor / Editor= Me,(listname).
>
> Nathan

I agree with you 100% on that.  But some of us are stuck with gateways
we might prefer not to have but haven't the authority to eliminate.

And you are quite right about the risks of a lawsuit.  If you look at
the various copyright decisions for the past few years it becomes
quite clear that some courts don't understand the issues and whether
you win or lose depends on the court, the particular judge, etc.
In other words, more or less a coin toss.  So it isn't something to
enter lightly, but there are a lot of very frustrated people who want
to at least try to do something to stop this garbage and see no other
recourse.  It's a very risky way to go, but it's a possibility.

Douglas