Paul Prusakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:07:05 -0400
On the same note, I would like to add a topic to my list which people could
then subscribe to without having the entire 1300 subscriber base desubscribe
from it.  The specialty topic would be of interest to about 1/3 my
subscriber base, and I cand justify having them all have to set
topics= -newtopic.  Is it possible to set up a topic in a manner hat would
allow users to NOT get it unless they add the topic to their subscription
setting?

Paul Prusakowski

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Simeon ben Nevel
Sent:   Monday, January 17, 2000 1:52 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        About topics

Hi all!

I am considering activating TOPICS on my mailing list.  I've reviewed the
documentation at lsoft and still have a couple of questions:

1) Are the TOPICS case-sensitive?

   If I set TOPICS= OT, ADMIN in the list config will the list-server
   recognize ot:, Ot:, admin:, Admin: etc as valid TOPICS in the subject?

2) Once I set Topics=, will all current subscribers be subscribed to
   all TOPICS or do I have to do a:

    quiet set list-name topics: OT, ADMIN, OTHER

   for everybody?  I thought I saw something in the docs about this but
   I can't seem to find it again.

adTHANKSvance!

Simeon ben Nevel
ListOwner, PetBunny
--
[log in to unmask]      =-=-=-=-=   A rabbit is just an angel with big ears!
Send mail to [log in to unmask] with Subject: send index to get a listing of