Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:26:03 -0700
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 02:12:58 -0600, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is that in the BAD_ATTACHMENT template?  Maybe I missed that variation.

There are actually 3 messages in the BAD_ATTACHMENT template.  Each is chosen
for different circumstances by conditional blocks.

Here is the complete template:

>>> BAD_ATTACHMENT Received an attachment not allowed by

.bb &TYPE ^= ''
.* Here we are rejecting the message because the "Attachments=" keyword
.* was set to reject rather than silently filter. Note that this is only
.* possible for messages sent to a list, rather than to the LISTSERV
.* address.
Your posting to the &LISTNAME list has been rejected because it contains
an attachment of type '&TYPE;'. The &LISTNAME list has been configured to
reject such attachments; please contact the list owner at
&LISTNAME-request@&MYHOST for more information.
.eb
.bb &TYPE = ''
.* Here we reject the message because it only contains attachments which
.* are disallowed. This could be a posting to a list or a message to the
.* LISTSERV address.
.bb &LISTNAME ^= ''
Your posting to the &LISTNAME list has been rejected because it only
contains attachments which are disallowed by the list configuration. Even
though the list is configured to remove unwanted attachments and process
the remaining text, in this case there would be nothing left after
removing the unwanted data.
.eb
.bb &LISTNAME = ''
LISTSERV was unable to process your multipart MIME message because
it did not contain any MIME body part in a format that LISTSERV
understands. This error can be caused by attempting to send LISTSERV some
non-textual data (such as an image or audio file) that it cannot do
anything meaningful with, or by an incompatibility between your mail
program and LISTSERV. For instance, your mail program may have decided to
send your message to LISTSERV in a proprietary word processor format
that LISTSERV does not know how to interpret. You can usually circumvent
this problem by using the clipboard rather than drag-and-drop to copy the
text of your message.
.eb
.eb

>Listserv does select the appropriate variation from the default.mailtpl,
>doesn't it?

It will choose the message that matches the tested conditions when the
attachment removal is performed.