Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:56:14 -0400
Jan Guthrie wrote the following on 4/10/2007 9:49 AM:

> So our AOL listers are missing possibly important info.  And the second
> frustrating part is when you tell the list about the problem ... some of
> the AOL subscribers rush to the defense of AOL ... swearing that they
> are missing nothing and AOL is wonderful.

I've noticed that myself. I suspect that part of it is that AOL
advertises itself as a way to use email and the internet without having
to learn much. When subscribers are told over and over that they
shouldn't have to worry their pretty little heads about that big, bad
internet out there some of them start to believe it. And to be told that
perhaps they should look beyond the safety of AOL if they want to receive
all of their mail is very threatening. The result is denial and defense
of AOL.

--
Karen Reznek
head listowner -- Asperger