Wed, 18 Mar 1992 10:33:26 -0500
> As a point of information, most of the difficulties I have encountered have
> been with people from a militant homesexual rights group, who turn every
> discusssion (would you believe discussions of GRAMMAR, even!) into very
> unpleasant attacks on society for their treatment of gays.  Anyone else on
> the list, who tries to stick to the topic, is personally vilified for their
> "insensitivity" to the plight of oppressed people.  If your flame throwers
> seem to be from the same group, Elliott Parker, I think we should talk.
> Anthea Tillyer  (TESL-L)

I'm not at all familiar with the current flaming on either list, but I can see
why people on Ms. Tillyer's list might be upset.  Militant homesexual [sic]
rights group?  Come on.  Let's leave the homophobic polemics at the door, and
stick to discussions about what can make us better moderators and owners.

Steve Carr
Co-moderator and Owner, The Progressive Jewish Mailing List