"Nicolas.GRANER" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:19:07 --100
I would like to put some PC software on my list archive that can be
useful to my subscribers. The problem is that it must be encoded as
text. I already have some Macintosh software in BinHex format, but I'm
not aware of a similar "standard" encoding in the PC world. My
questions are:

1) [not listserv related] is there a way to encode a binary file as
text such that most or all PC users can decode it?

2) if not, how can I PUT binary file in a way that listserv will
process correctly?

3) what instructions should I give to my subscribers to retrieve said
file?

I suppose using a base64 MIME attachment is not an option; even if I
put a base64 file in the archive, when it is retrieved listserv will
not add the required headers and separators that would enable a
MIME-aware MUA to decode it. Is this correct?

Nicolas