"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 May 2004 01:16:20 -0400
Pete Weiss wrote, in part:

> As a listserv maintainer or list-owner at an educational institution, if
> you have any sort of LISTSERV-related fee for service or cost-recovery,
> would you please share with me? e.g.,

We charge $5 per list per month.  It recovers cost, excluding salaries,
but is meant to be more a "Do I really want a list?" or a "Am I done
with my list?" charge.   ;-)

Because of the charge and a policy that requires each list to be "owned"
by a staff member, we only have a couple of hundred lists ... but each
of those is important to the owner and the University ... at least I'm
not making decisions on which are appropriate!

We encourage no attachments, but many lists use them to some extent.

In an emergency, I'll edit the archives once to remove something a list
owner wants. After that, the list owner must learn how to do it.  I
probably make one edit every couple of years ... and not to remove
posts, but to remove content of posts only.

Hope this helps!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T Smith -- LISTSERV Technical Coordinator
University of Maine System -- http://lists.maine.edu/