Nicolas Graner <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 03:04:37 +0200
>as the lists had been in existence for four to five years each they had over
>a third deadwood, and the mainframe manager is thrilled that I reduced the
>load on the machine by letting renew clean up my lists.

Exactly what overhead is generated by NOMAIL subscribers? I can think of a few
hundred bytes to keep their names on disk and a few microseconds each time
listserv skips their names when processing a post. Am I missing something more
significant?

I have nearly 100 NOMAIL's out of 600 subscribers, some for good reasons
(temporary leave, multiple addresses), some not. I am reluctant to spend time
sorting them out, or to bother my subscribers with renewals. But I am prepared
to change my mind if I am given a good reason.

Nicolas