Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:57:06 EDT
On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:38:37 -0400 you said:
>Folks,
>
>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to alter the line of --'s that is
>inserted between postings in the DIGEST? I would like to substitute some
>other characters which would make this divider  more distinctive so as to
>make it easier for DIGEST option subscribers to quickly tell where one post
>leaves off and the next begins.

This is not a good idea.  The format of the digest is defined in rfc-1153
and to change it would break all of the software designed to read and
process digests.

A much better solution for your users with this problem would be a good
de-digest program which will take a digest and split it up into the
individual messagess and let them process them separately.

Harold