Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:48:29 -0700
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:18:08 -0500, Michelle Bowman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what happened there?

They made at least 1 huge mistake when doing the upgrade.  Normally this
doesn't happen.  In fact I have to think hard to figure out how it could
happen.  At any rate, if you had been prepared and had a copy of your list
(with all settings) then you could restore it yourself.  Without warning
and not having such a copy, it will be tedious.  8-(

>The enclosed message has been identified as a delivery error for the
>PSYLAW-L list because it was sent to [log in to unmask]
>
>these e-mails are subsequently followed by the person's e-mail address
>and a bunch of non-sense, and then what looks like actual postings to
>the list.  It looks like the listserv is sending me every single error
>report when a posting doesn't or cannot reach a specific user.

These are error bounces.  The "non-sense" is not, but is technical
explanation why the message is bouncing.  Part of this can be controlled by
list settings, (LISTSERV should be able to process most of these msgs
automatically) but it is possible that the fine people doing the upgrade
may have done other things in their mail system that are suddenly causing a
lot of the mail to bounce.

If you posted your List Header and one of the error messages, we might
offer more specific suggestions.