Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 01:30:05 -0700
Stan Ryckman wrote:

> I wish I hadn't deleted the original posts so quickly, because I think
> she should get a copy of what Aldo posted.  Someone should send her
> one I think.  She should have an opportunity to respond on this list,
> where Aldo posted, at minimum.

Although this would seem fair, it raises the rather interesting question of
how ethical it is to forward Mr Solari's message to a relatively private
forum to Ms Nachman when one of the points that has made this forum so ...
irritated, let us say ... is just such a forwarding by Mr Solari of Ms
Nachman's entirely private message to him.

Let me be brutally and even insultingly frank, here.

It has become rather clear over the years (has it been that long?) that I
have been on this list that Mr Solari believes in absolute control over his
list and all that goes to it.  He has not seemed to be willing or able to
accept that he is in the minority when it comes to such a level of control.
He certainly is not going to change his stance in the matter.

It has therefore become my policy, thus confronted with his -- dare I say,
idee fixe?, to pass over his postings that are based upon this particular
principle and instead try to benefit and learn from his postings that are
not so based.

I doubt sincerely that Ms Nachman's reputation has been in the least harmed
in this forum, or that she needs to defend herself.  I think the listowners
here know Mr Solari too well.

Please note that I do not wish to say that Ms Nachman has no right to
self-defense and has no right to know that her private communication has
become public (or semi-public).  I merely wonder at the wisdom of escalating
an already uncomfortable situation and would council some deep thinking and
a lot of tact and diplomacy.

> Cheers,
> Stan.

Prosit,