Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 12:56:43 -0400
AOL and MS both have a history of exhibiting a "we're too big to be bothered by
silly rules" attitude towards the Internet.  MS seems unwilling to make compliant
software; AOL will nuke lists without warning in mis-guided SPAM-filtering
attempts.  eg: Many ISP's attempt to filter null "return-path"s, but AOL put up
a fight in this forum on, uh... I think it was source-routing, (remember "Brad"
folks?) that led to a major circumvention by LSoft that lasted until "Brad " was
"disappeared" without explanation or apology.  AOL's standard tactics involve
denying the problem, blaming someone else, and then correcting things at gun point
without acknowleging anything happened.  Not a good outfit to trust with mail
you care about.
                         -Kary