"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 20:29:31 -0500
I wanted to alert list owners who may have noticed a suddent, dramatic "no
such user" response last night during normal list delivery to AOL: due to a
combination of sudden catastrophic disk failure and programmer oversight, one
of our mail gateway machines falsely identified all AOL users to which it was
routing mail as not existing. The problem existed for at least four hours
last night on one of our sixteen inbound gateways, so there's a reasonable
chance that one of your lists may have been affected.

I've been advised that the software problem has been fixed and that it should
now properly handle any future hardware failures. Please accept my apologies
on behalf of America Online for any inconvenience this may have caused.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager, LISTSERV Manager