Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:50:47 -0700
Aldo-Pier Solari graces us with

>FYI.  I take the liberty to forward the message below as it concerns
>academic list owners in  general.   Madame  Caroline  Nachman,  from
>Squarenotes.com  (a  software  corporation,  whatever), who has been
>expelled from FISH-ECOLOGY due to the repeated violation of our Aims
>&  Rules  (announcement  guidelines),   accuses  of  corruption  and
>threatens, in her message, the academic listowner core.  Please, see
>lines 42-48, etc.  in this message.  Thank you.

Well, I thought I'd seen it all.  In response to the widely-accepted
practice of putting a URL in one's .sig (and my view is that, within broad
bounds of taste, in a reasonably-sized .sig, anything goes) Signor Solari
has gone ahead and reposted (apparently without notification or permission)
a subscriber's private mail message to him, a clear violation of both
etiquette and copyright laws.

Nice going, Aldo.  I think her criticisms of you were 100 percent on the
mark, frankly.  I'd have phrased them more strongly, myself.  I hope she
takes it up with your sponsoring institution.

--
Lefty [gYon-Pa] <[log in to unmask]>