Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:50:10 -0400
On 12 Oct 2005 at 14:57, Wehner, Paul (wehnerpl) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The group of people take issue with the editor approval mechanism and
> want to send to the list without intervention.
>
> I could make the list announce only and add these people as owners but
> this loses the safety of send=editors,hold,confirm.
> Making it a moderated list doesn't seem to fulfill the request as it
> loads shares the approvals.
> The group of people don't work together and insists on autonomy from the
> send=editor,hold,confirm.
>
> It must be possible but I can't figure out how. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a prime candidate for LISTSERV Maestro. You can use
Maestro to send "pre-approved" messages to lists that are
send=...confirm. You maintain the security of
send=editor,hold,confirm, but for people with Maestro accounts, the
login to Maestro essentially takes care of the approval ahead of
time.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html