Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:43:01 -0400
Cleo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> that this is correct. But in your example you have three carriage returns
>> shown. I have no reason to believe three are needed.
>
>Don, there were only two, but to make it clearer .. I've added comments to
>show explicitly that there are two carriage returns there.

I just visited your site again. I see you have labeled each blank line with
a carriage return. As found:

> From: That Person <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Archive Editing
>        First carriage return
>        Second carriage return
> The best way to do this is to just jump in, but save the original....

But there are still three carriage returns, albeit two blank lines, between
the header and the body. When two lines are touching there is one carriage
return. When one blank line is in between you have two carriage returns.
Two blank lines is three carriage returns. As I noted before, I have not
seen anything to show that three carriage returns (or two blank lines if
you prefer) is necessary in this situation.

Don.