"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:24:38 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-15 19:20:40 EDT, [log in to unmask] (s.merchant)
writes:

> Given 1-3 above +  Eric's comment some days ago that "AOL runs one of the
>  largest Listserv sites," it surprises me a little that they (AOL) doesn't
>  go the one tiny extra step and put the bouncing addresses and message
>  into a format that Listserv can take auto-action on.  Anyone know the
>  story on this?

Unfortunately, it's not quite the tiny extra step, because of the way our
mail system works. However, as part of the upgrades already planned for the
future, compatibility with LISTSERV-accepted bounce formats is included. I
can't tell you when, because (a) I'm not  one of the developers and (b)
reality has a tendency to stomp on people who state dates for developers; but
it is planned and will come.

--David