Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 21:33:25 +0001
On Mon, 9 Jan 1995, Leon D. Wald wrote:

> We've created a test list and managed to get the list owner setup as
> "[log in to unmask]".  This is a problem, because all mail sent from that system
> comes in as "[log in to unmask]".  It appears that since the user and owner
> don't match, we can't make any changes to the list.
>
> How do we (1) delete the list or (2) convince ListServ that
> "[log in to unmask]"is the owner?

   You don't have to delete the list nor convince Listserv of anything.
Just send the headers back again (in the same way you created the list
in the first place--remembering to specify the passwd) including the PUT
command line, after editing the owner=to reflect the new address change.

On the other hand, if you did not create the list (or have permission)
you must contact the listserv postmaster to do this for you.  This would
be the only way, unless...umm...you know how to fudge mail.  I would
recommend contacting the listserv postmaster or node administrator to
do this for you.  If for some reason you did not want to do this, it
has been my unfortunate experience that listserv will accept the
address [log in to unmask] if you contact that person...and if
there is such a userid.  I ran into this problem with our NOVELL
servers...for which there is no postmaster or node admin userids...

My thoughts, Trish
--
Trish Forrest, Computing Services, University of Windsor