Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:56:52 -0700
At 09:36 PM 3/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Other posts about filtering domains got me thinking about the SERVE
>command. It's my understanding that listowners don't have the ability to
>serve someone off...only site administrators can do that. Is that correct?
>
>As a listowner, do I have any way to serve someone off, or is *Filter my
>only option?

Most postmasters/administrators are pleased to serve off folks as long as
you give them a brief statement of why.   It reduces traffic on the site
and lowers the load on listserv, so unless they are VERY overloaded with
other work, etc, they're glad to do it.

cyclops, postmaster, listowner
Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534