"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 14:34:19 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, LISTSERV list
owners' forum <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> David (and others),
>   Could you be a bit more specific about the tile.net WWW site? Are there
> links to other lists (it is not clear from your note)?

   Well, if I'm the David you are asking, to me it seems that the tile.net
service is a WWW browsable, hypertext database built from the LISTS GLOBAL
output. Each mailing list has an entry, listing certain stats on the list.
(The site's too busy to get through, so I can't be too specific.) It
includes, as hypertext links to mailto: URLs, the List Owner's address,
the mailing lists's address, and the LISTSERV address (with instructions
to send mail here with a body of SUB <listname> <yourname> to subscribe).
Thus, with most browsers, a user just selects the email address, fills in
the form the client presents, and the message is sent on its way.

--dwb--

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>