Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:55:49 -0600
On 3/3/99 6:20 AM, Géran Larsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I have become owner to an announcement list, and I am an absolute
>beginner at this. The list will have only a small number of editors who
>are allowed to write to it, but they will write in the organizations
>(lists) name. My problem is I can't figure out how to hide their
>personal e-mail addresses in the from field. I have tried different
>options for the Sender keyword but it doesn't seem to help.
>
>Am I asking for the impossible or have I missunderstood everything?

You don't hide the From field, RFC 822 requires that it be the person
submitting the message to the list.

If you don't want their personal address showing, have them use a neutral
address in their email package. To avoid loops, it shouldn't be the
list's address, although the listname-request address will work.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | "Logic is the art of going wrong with