"Sherry M. Rogers" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 13:19:00 PST
Our list owners are not receiving bounced mail errors when the
error occurs beyond the immediate VM host, unless the error note
is generated by an intermediate deamon such as a mailer serving a
cluster.  Errors generated directly by the SMTPMX's when a host or
user not found are disappearing.  What have we configured incorrectly?
LISTSERV sends everything out through LMAIL - it seems that when LMAIL
passes it to an SMTPMX machine and receives an error it is not able
to return the error message to LISTSERV and consequently to the
list owner.

Does this make sense?  What am I missing?