Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:38:08 PST
On Oct 25,  7:48pm, Gabriel Goldberg wrote:

The reason for the bounce is described in the reply from Listserv:

} The enclosed message, found in the HILLGANGD-L mailbox and shown under
} the
} spool ID 3379 in the system log, has been identified as a possible
} delivery error notice for the following reason: "Sender:", "From:" or
} "Reply-To:"  field pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

And this is the line that is the problem.

} To: [log in to unmask]

Is chuck using OV?  That does the full quote at the tail end.  No way I
know of to turn it off.  What Chuck may have to do is never do a reply.
If something he wants to reply to comes in,  save it in a file,  edit
it,  and include it in a new message.

This is not a CMS thing.  Its a brain-dead mailer thing.

Listserv seems to recognize ">To:...." as OK, but barfs on "To:...."
and strangely enough also barfs on "> To:......"

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507