Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 09:30:53 -0500
This from my subscriber who was having garbage character problems using
Windows 95 and the mail program that comes with it. Sounds like he's still
attaching something somehow...or is this Microsoft's way of taking over the
world?

Brian

>From: Greg Rennier <[log in to unmask]>
>To: 'Brian Crawford' <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: winmail.dat
>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 08:57:23 -0600
>Encoding: 10 TEXT
>Brian, I successfully solved the problem with garbage characters, but a
>couple of listserv members have privately contacted me about a file called
>'winmail.dat' that is attached to my messages.  Apparently it's pretty
>annoying and takes time to download @ 14.4.
>
>Could you please check with your sources about this problem and any
>solutions?  I checked with Microsoft Knowledge Base, but no record of the
>problem.
>
>Thanks!  Greg

brian crawford
[log in to unmask]        chicago illinois usa
http://www.mcs.net/~crawford/