Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:12:28 -0400
At one time each mailing list had a DIGEST file
which contained that day's messages.  When the
individual daily messages were converted into a
digest, the DIGEST file was purged and a new
DIGEST file created.   The advantage of this was
that if an inappropriate message was sent on the
mailing list, it was possible to edit that file
so that those in digest mode would not receive the
message.   The listowner could retrieve the file
with a "GET listname DIGEST" command and send
the edited file with a "PUT listname DIGEST"
command.

I haven't done this in a very long while, but today
when I tried it, I got the response that the listserv
did not contain such a file.   Can anyone bring me
up to date, and tell me if it is still possible to edit
the message before it is sent out as a digest?

Thanks.