Mon, 10 Aug 1998 00:51:30 +0300
Probably the bounces are not from the addresses that are subscribed to
your list but from similar addresses that receive the messages from
addresses that are subscribed.

Check if the addresses appear in your list.

I believe that you won't find them, and that the subscription is made from
a different yet similar host, and with the same user-name.
Scan for the user names with the hope to find the real addresses that are
subscribed. You may find for instance that the subscribed addresses are
similar to the ones that produce the bounces, but say, without the word
"relay", or with a different word instead.
e.g. [log in to unmask] is subscribed, but only when messages come to
[log in to unmask] they are rejected. Listserv, does identify the
bounces come from [log in to unmask], and add it to its monitoring,
but cannot remove it, since Listserv does not identify that the faulty
address is [log in to unmask] (This was just an example, it may be a
variation on that).

Uzi Paz

> Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 12:11:25 -0500
> From: Ralph Papakhian <[log in to unmask]>
>

> > hi i don't
> > understand why these subscriber addresses have not been deleted
> > from the list since they have had more than 100 error messages
> > returned. The message from listserv says that they should be
> > deleted after 4 days or 100 errror messages, which ever occurs
> > first. does anyone know why these first two have reached 513 without
> > deletiong?
> > --ralph p.
> >

> > The following 7 subscribers are currently being monitored:
> >
> > Err First Last  Address
> > 513 06/12 08/08 Krista Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
> >                 Last error: SMTP; 550 <[log in to unmask]>... User
> >                             unknown
[snipped]