Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:45:47 -0600
Stanley Horwitz wrote:

> Hello fellow list owners:
>
> Is there a way to have Listserv add a signature file at the end of each
> message that's sent to a particular list? If so, how would I do that? I do
> not recall seeing anything about this kind of feature in the
> documentation. The list I have in mind is hosted via Listserv 1.8d on a
> Digital Unix box.
>
> Thank you,

Yes.  at the bottom of your mailtpl file, insert something like the
following:

>>> BOTTOM_BANNER automatically inserted at the bottom of posts
.fo on
You received this mail because you have subscribed to &LISTNAME. To
leave
&LISTNAME, send e-mail to &MYSELF with the message text (not subject)
SIGNOFF &LISTNAME. For information about joining the Sierra Club,
contact
.fo off

the .fo is to turn formatting on and off, I think.  Everything else
appears in your bottom banner.  There is a similar capability for a top
banner, but I've never used it so I cant describe it to you.  I assume
it is similarly configured.  I assume also the >>> identifies this to
the software as a control statement.  There are all sorts of nice
options in the mailtpl file under the new release.

--
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings,
they did it by killing all those who opposed them.