Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 02:29:58 -0700
Our list is hosted at BROWN U. It is running LISTERV 1.8b for VM
The list is public and not moderated (the list will be private on Oct.
15th to cut down on spam intake, REVIEW and STATS already are :-)

What I tought was a specific problem with one user in now surfacing as a
common occurence. It never happened to me. Here it goes:

Some users post message and they don't receive failure notification nor
do they see their post on the list. Some users experience it on almost
half their messages. LISTSERV commands are *very* rarely sent so the
"serve off" possiblilty has a very low probability...

What are the implication of bitnet default "MSGACK" when we are not on
bitnet ? Is it like being NOACK ? And if someone is NOACK do they get
errors notification if the message is for some reason rejected ?

And Worse: They maintain that they see answers to post when they never
saw the original post. I wonder if some users are not just responding to
private e-mail via the list... Is there someone else is experiencing
problems with list hosted on a VM system.

--
Eric Paul-Hus ---->   mailto:[log in to unmask]
HTML Writers Guild Member since July '96 (CyberApprentice)

Mantre de poste binivole http://www.login.net/festival/blues Volunteer
postmaster
Festival de Blues de Drummondville: [log in to unmask]

Un drtle(*) de Quibicois errant sur la toile de l'Universiti de la
vie...
(*):Drtle dans le sens d'itrange pas de comique!

Pensie: Ceux qui peuvent le FONT, ceux qui ne peuvent pas L'ENSEIGNENT!
Tought: Those who know DO ; those who can't DO TEACH - Sagesse Internet
Savvy