Esther Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 May 2007 08:16:20 +0300
When you send a letter to gmail and it's marked from your self, it goes into
your sent folder - so as Wendy explains below, your own posts don't appear
if you read your gmail in an email client.

We've also experienced where our listserv messages have been marked as spam.
Warn your users to unmark them. We've also had a recent experience where
some of our members are being kicked off the list for no apparent reason. We
had to change the Auto-Delete option from semi-manual to manual. Has anyone
else had this problem?

And no, there's no way to reach a 'real' person at gmail, but they have been
known to respond to their help messages.

Esther

Ms. E. Feldman
Director, Information and Technology Services
The Lookstein Center, Bar-Ilan University
tel: +972.35.35.49.80
www.lookstein.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Howard [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 23:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Google Mail problems

How are you reading your Gmail?  Direct at the web, or do you download
it to your computer and use an email client?  I do the latter, and use
Thunderbird to handle the mail.  Your own posts are *never* downloaded
in this situation - something I've gotten used to since I started using
this set-up earlier this year.  I know it's not just "me" - I've read
discussion about this situation on other lists, too.

That explains you not receiving your own posts; can't explain others not
receiving your posts - except, have they checked their spam folder on
the web recently?  While it is very effective, it's not perfect and I
sometimes find genuine mail there and have to mark it as "not spam" to
educate their filters.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard