Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:21:31 -0700
text/plain (26 lines)
Would this email command to your admin server give you the kind of file you need?

SCAN [listname] *@*

Charles Clausen
ppml-info.org

On Mar 24, 2016, at 7:28 AM, F J Kelley wrote:

> Hi,
> Others may have already done something like this, so I thought I'd ask ...
> 
> We have a campus notification list (faculty, staff, students); the addresses on the list are routinely updated and verified in the directory.  The organization that uses this simply posts mail to it, they are not involved in maintenance or anything.   Now they would like to use the addresses (remember, all cleaned up) for additional purposes.  The list has between 45-50K addresses, so using the web interface to obtain a CSV of subscribers is not possible.  A "GET <listname> (NOH" would work, but they would need to be able to convert the resulting file (well, email) to something they could use.  AFIK, they would have no one who could do this.  Someone (me) has to find a way to do this, given that any script I develop (Perl?  Powershell, SAS, Fortran???  I dunno) has to be used by them (the feared "command line"?).  I have considered scp'ing the subscriber lists to some secure site, but they would have to download it, and this will have to be handled by a cron job as they will expect it whenever they need it.  The listserver is a Linux box, and I assume they are using Windows or Macs, though for all I know they want to do it all on an Android.
> 
> Anyone had to do anything like this?  I am still thinking CJLI is the best for this much data, but see no good way to put it into a form they can use.
> 
> Thanks for any help,
> --Joe

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2