Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:38:33 -0500
I have a mailing loop error that I cannot seem to solve.  The list is set
* Send= Editor
* Editor= (another-list)   (a "dummy" list for folks who are pre-approved)
* Moderator= me
* Moderator= another guy

The webinterface to Listserv reports it is running 14.5.

It is showing up with 2 symptoms:

First, everything works fine with the messages that come to me for
approval.  I simply "bounce" them back to the list.  But messages which
are sent to the other moderator never seem to get distributed.  Both of us
are using Pegasus mail to bounce the message back to the list; it properly
adds "Resent-From", which Listserv looks at to identify us as a moderator.
The other moderator is not getting a bounce saying "duplicate post", nor
are the messages being redirected back to me (or him).  They simply go
out, never to be seen again (by anyone).

Secondly, I get the message
Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
Last error: 5.0.0 X-Postfix; mail forwarding loop for

I have looked through the list of subscribers (in both lists) and the list
name does not appear as a subscriber anywhere.

I'm stumped.  Help?

Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: [log in to unmask]
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-7801
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590