Wendy Plotkin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 11:37:42 CST
I am trying to subscribe to Ldbase-L, and cannot seem to get beyond
the confirmation process.

I have sent the confirmation message with only "ok" and with "ok"
followed by the number I was told to give.

I keep getting the same error message.
> ok 6A5796
The confirmation code you gave (6A5796)  does not correspond to any pending
command, either because you did not  confirm the command in time or because
you mistyped the confirmation code. Check the confirmation request again to
make sure you typed the code exactly as  it was shown. If you lost it, just
issue the command again to get a new code.

Summary of resource utilization
-------------------------------
 CPU time:        0.002 sec                Device I/O:     1
 Overhead CPU:    0.002 sec                Paging I/O:     0
 CPU model:        5890                    DASD model:  3380

Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks,

Wendy Plotkin
Wendy Plotkin                   Contact Info:
H-Urban Co-Moderator/H-Net      Dept. Phone: (312) 996-3141
History Department (M/C 198)    Fax: (312) 996-6377
U of Illinois - Chicago         Internet: [log in to unmask]
SEO - Rm. 723                   Bitnet: U20566@uicvm
851 S. Morgan St
Chicago, IL 60607-7049