linda -i didn't think this through <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 23:25:00 EST
>> One guy tried to bully me into kicking another poster off our list.
>> When he failed to intimidate me onlist, he started calling my place
>> of employ. He would speak to whoever answered and complain that I had

>I applaud you for not giving into the bully.

>What prompted him to start this crusade?

Well, he posted some fairly nasty homophobic and racist stuff to the
list, and another poster then began quoting him. He didn't like his
words thrown back at him so he demanded that I get rid of the other
subscriber or "there would be hell to pay." He didn't like it at all
when I told him to take his "schoolyard brawl" off the list. When he
threatened me, I filtered him out. Luckily, I had informed the list of
the problem and saved all relevant correspondence along with his
personal threats. It also helped that we have a well defined set of
standards and rules.
By the way, this problem went on for about 9 months, and a lot of the
advice from the people on this list and Eric's other list was very
helpful.
-linda