Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:53:21 -0500
That you resent this, Mary, indicates, to me, that you got no replies the
first time.  I can't really answer your question as what you ask about has
gotten very convoluted since the VM BITNET/EARN days and I have failed to
keep up with all the ins and outs of this; perhaps it has gotten to the
point that the lsoft people, what with web interfaces and such, can't be
sure either.

Now, I think you can do a "sort of" anonymous subscription via the web
interface, and quite likely can if you allow subscription via a "service"
such as on AOL.  This may well give you a "name" when you check your
subscription list but the "name" really isn't "registered."  I get the
"notifies" for signons/signoffs and there is always a name for the
"signon" but not infrequently there is only the address, rather than
"name" and address, for the signoffs and I just figure they signed on
via the web interface.  As I said, not something I have taken the time
to pursue.

Now, I do not know whether everyone being set CONCEAL has anything to do
with the above or not, but it intrigues me.  What is the reasoning behind
that?  Is it so that people can't get the name/addresses via a REV?  If
that is all it is why not just put * Review= owner in the list header so
you won't have to mess with everyone being set CONCEAL?

Douglas