"Jeff Finlay, NYU" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 17:53:08 -0500
> If the following is not in violation of your discussion list, please
> post.  If this does not fall within your constraints, please disregard.
> Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

At least he was nice about it. A new twist on an old spam.

> Our company, in partnership with TGTL of Ireland, represent the owner of
> these artifacts.  If you have serious interest in this egg, please contact us
> by EMAIL at [log in to unmask] with your name, address and phone/fax number
> ASAP.  We will then contact you to discuss things in more detail.

They must be using ostrich eggs. Irish farmers have recently been
breeding ostriches (I kid you not), and have been told it's a bad
idea economically. Maybe they're selling off the spare parts now.
I wonder which is the one priced at $16 million.

During the oil crisis of the 1970s (much more severe in Ireland),
a friend of mine had the idea of using ostriches as a mode of
transport instead of cars. He said the only thing one would
need would be a bucket of sand for the ostrich to stick its
head in while you went into the pub for a quick one.

Now, THERE'S an idea!

Jeff