Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 May 1992 09:09:09 PDT
On Wed, 6 May 1992 10:49:00 EST, Mark T. Day <DAYM@IUBACS> wrote:
>Some of the new subscribers to the new PRO-CITE list (of which I am the
>listowner) received information back from the list's listserv@iubvm that
>they had subscribed, but later received an additional message from
>[log in to unmask] that:
>No LISTSERV distribution list by the name "PROCITE" is known to exist.

Well, under VM/CMS, I tried the commands:
  TELL LISTSERV AT UVVM    QUERY PRO-CITE
  TELL LISTSERV AT UGA     QUERY PRO-CITE
  TELL LISTSERV AT INDYCMS QUERY PRO-CITE
  TELL LISTSERV AT IUBVM   QUERY PRO-CITE
and didn't receive any messages like the one you reported.  So,
either the problem is solved, or it's a case of "garbage in -- garbage out".