Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:50:22 +0200
On    Sun,    26    Nov    1995    09:48:14    -0500    Mark    Hunnibell
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>I read  the 'About' page and  I am unsure  quite what you mean  about it
>being a cultural experiment thatsome say will make no difference.

I mean the link that searches for public lists called TEST-L. Years ago I
tried to  do something about all  these TEST-L lists of  global interest,
but without much  success. Perhaps people who see  their own organization
name in the list will do something about it, perhaps they won't care.

>The other thing  I wondered if you  had theough about is  that the topic
>search gives a  demographic spammer a chance to find  lists that pertain
>to his/her client's product or service.

Then it's no longer  a spam but an unwanted ad.  Besides, this is already
available via  LIST GLOBAL and  other mechanisms. Anyway, I  don't really
see spammers restricting themselves to 11  dog lists when there are 7,327
other lists whose owners might have a dog :-)

  Eric