Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:49:08 EST
On Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:00:00 EST Bill Verity said:
>I can see listserv sending mail to a user at MICROSERVE.NET:
>
>47241 28 Oct 1995 12:58:35 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
>
>The user never gets it, so I'm trying track it down.  I can send to the
>user just fine and he can send to listserv and me.  I've looked in
>MAILER and SMTP consoles and I can't find any trace of the mail leaving
>our system.  Need some ideas.

Bill, this sounds like a problem I ran into recently: with LISTSERV
fix 18B2, 'information mail' is going out as BSMTP mail from <>. If this
is the problem, you should see a message in SMTP's console log that it is
unable to deliver to [log in to unmask]  In the case I was looking
into, a 'minor configuration flaw' (since corrected) in the user's ISP's
setup caused the ISP to reject such (valid) mail.  Normal list mail and
personal messages worked fine.

** Jean Snow  UGA Systems/Postmaster      [log in to unmask]      **
** University of Georgia, Athens, GA      JEAN@UGA  (Bitnet)       **