Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:07:01 -0500
>I've been receiving the following error from one of my lists in the
>Daily error
>monitoring report:
>
>Err First Last  Address
>--- ----- ----- -------
>  3 12/07 12/07 User's Name   <user's email address>
>                 Last error: 5.5.4 501 5.5.4 Unrecognized parameter
>
>There are nine entries in the error report, all from the same
>domain.  I'd just
>chalk it up to a error on the other end, except that one of the e-mail
>addresses is on another list whose messages go through.
>
>I checked the error messages in the LSTOWN archives and came up empty.  Anyone
>seen this error?  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

If that's the only email address on the daily monitoring report then
I would try temporarily disabling automatic bounce processing for the
list to see if there's any additional information in the actual
nondelivery notification.  You can do this by setting

	Auto-Delete= No

in the mailing list's configuration.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

Manuals are available for download at
     <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>