Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:41:44 -0700
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:53:00 -0500, Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can you explain to our listowners why those addresses appear in the error
>log of their list, even though they weren't subscribed to the lists?

The DMR (Daily Monitoring Report) of error-producing addresses will record all
errors from subscribers OR from addresses not subscribed to the list but
attempting to subscribe OR addresses sending list-specific commands to LISTSERV
(as distinct from server-general commands) such as INFO listname.   Any of these
addresses which produce a reportable error bounce back to LISTSERV will be
listed in the DMR.  It is not limited to subscribers only.