Kimberly Long <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 21:58:06 -0600
Hi.  :)  This might work to a degree except that I would probably end up
having to review a majority of the posts anyway.  Thus I might as well keep
it simple and stay on full moderation for awhile.  Unfortunatly, they have
moved on to personally harassing not only me individually/directly they are
also harassing other subscribers of my lists.  They aren't able to get the
subscriber list but they do contact those that reveal their presence by
posting to the list.  This started about the 1st of December and to date I
have logged over 40 email addresses for this particular jerk.  She's like a
piece of rotten gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe that I cannot get rid
of.  For those that are interested in who this person is, you can read all
about her in the Troll FAQ located at:

http://digital.net/~gandalf/trollfaq.html

An excerpt:

    Then there are real winners who have a long standing history of
    harassment and trolling (usually nominated for KOTM (Kook Of The
    Month)) like Boursey, Grubor (multiple accounts /
    personalities), [log in to unmask] (Archimedes
    Plutonium) or White Lotus (as profiled in the magazine
    CYBERSANGHA). They usually have a World Wide Web page devoted to
    them somewhere.

    WL (for example) has multiple accounts like Ari Lindemann, Dave
    Lindemann, Terry Fifer, SABSA, [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]),
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], gurubust*@aol.com,
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
    [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]), WL's
    pattern seems to be to harass entire NGs as well as individuals.
    Her troll eruptions tend to take place at the height of
    controversies. Her latest trolls are apparently the result both
    of Kathy's making public WL's harassing email, and also of WL's
    being nominated for KotM.

    White Lotus/True Lotus' web page is
    <http://www.eskimo.com/~tlotus>. You can find a very limited
    synopsis on WL at the KotM web page:
    <http://www.wetware.com/mlegare/kotm>

Anyway, thanks for the ideas.  This too shall pass.

--
Namaste'

Kimberly Long
mailto:[log in to unmask]