Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:48:29 -0500
Larry Ermis wrote:
> Reply-To = list    is set on my list header for my discussion group.
>
> Upon posting, why does the list subscriber's mailer say to send replies to the list
> manager's address rather than to the list address?

IMHO, because the subscriber's e-mail client (or ancient gateway) is
making a poor choice (and is using return-path instead of reply-to).

Have the subscriber send you a complete copy of the list distribution to
verify LISTSERV is sending what you think it is.  cheers, wayne

--

Wayne T. Smith -- [log in to unmask] -- Systems Software Analyst
University of Maine System (UNET)