Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:15:50 -0500
Phil:

On LISTSERV (1.8c) running on a VM/CMS host with LMAIL, the left-hand side
of the RFC822 address does seem to be preserved for the following header
keywords:

 NOTIFY=, ERRORS=, and OWNER=

(I have a list that has explicit addresses for all three keywords and all
were entered in mixed case ... received administrative mail all preserved
the case to the left of the at-sign and converted to UPPER to the right of
the at-sign, AFAICT.)

/Pete Weiss at Penn State

At 17:58 11/16/97 -0500, Phil Schwarz wrote:
|Our list has several co-owners, and we sometimes
|use the *-REQUEST address for our list to send
|something to all the co-owners.
|
|We've had a curious situation in which one of our
|co-owners, who lives on a uucp host a hop away from
|her ISP, has never gotten those "Your message to
|*-REQUEST..." confirmations upon sending something
|to the *-REQUEST address.
|
|We checked with her sysop and ISP, and it appears
|that the problem is that Listserv is converting
|the entire Return-Path: address to uppercase.  It
|turns out that Listserv uses the Return-Path: address
|to send those confirmations.
|
|Anything to the left of the @ in the Return-Path:
|address should have its case preserved.  That is
|not happening.  [log in to unmask] is getting
|converted to [log in to unmask] rather than
[log in to unmask] (which would be perfectly