Thu, 28 May 1998 00:34:49 -0500
On Wed, 27 May 1998, M. LEBLANC wrote:

> your gateways ... up or down? (*not* a mae west quote but a

You mean usenet, american.edu ?  Down, permanently.  Half the stuff
from the list never appeared on the newsgroup and vice versa.
Judith asked them to kill the bit.listserv, which they may have done,
but may not have done, they didn't say.  So I asked them, with a copy
to every american.edu address I knew of for specific administrators
plus the generics asking what they had done, please tell us, and I
was going to close it on our end in one week. Nada.  Week later, in
total disgust, I sent a final warning to the newsgroup, people had
best send in subs to the list and THAT one seems to have gotten through,
first other than a spam over a week prior.  Yeah, I did delete it as
I said I would, I hope they did on their end, but I don't know.
If they didn't it will be just spam and the CAD folks who can't figure
the diference between autocaT and autocaD.

Douglas