Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:04:23 -0500
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Randy Ryan wrote:
> And, past time to sneak in another plug of performing auto-conversion of
> quoted printable mail, at least for digest.  When practically the whole
> world is doing it, IMHO it makes better business and user sense to manage it
> also, in spite of biases and RFCs. It is getting increasingly difficult for
> users to turn off (when it can be turned off).  And users, in the areas of
> my particular interest, don't like to feel they are being hassled for
> something that was set up a particular way as they received and have used.
> Err, off soap box.  Next!

Here!, Here!!  And while you're about that, how about a keyword to
provide  for converting everything to US ASCII.

And, while I'm at it, another plea that ALL Resent-xxxxx; fields be
automatically stripped, not just the by, to, and date (please!, strip the
pointless Resent-subject: field!).  Just make it so that ALL Resent- fields
are stripped, regardless.     Douglas [log in to unmask]