Fri, 5 Jun 1992 19:16:17 CDT

 -------------------------
> Date:  Fri, 05 Jun 92 13:54:38 EDT
> From:  <[log in to unmask]>
> To:  <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:  Undeliverable Mail
>
> pucc.PRINCETON.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
> 550 Host 'CIT1.citadel.edu' Unknown
>
>            ** Text of Mail follows **
> Date:          Fri, 5 Jun 1992 13:49:00 EDT
> Sender:        Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
> From:          MKISKIS@SNYESCVA
> Subject:       RE: The Adventures of Mark Twain
> To:            Multiple recipients of list TWAIN-L
>
> [text omitted]

I have been having a lot of problems with mail routed through Princeton.
Apparantly the new version of listserv has a bug which sends a "host
unknown" message when the service is merely unavailable temporarily.
Ther is a fix for this bug, but possibly Princeton has not yet
implemented it.  Check with a real listserv guru (I'm only an
apprentice...) to see if this might apply to your situation....

You could try sending regular e-mail to the person.  I found that I
could get messages back and forth easily to nodes which Princeton
claimed did not exist.  If you can communicate by e-mail, but not by
listserv, send a message to [log in to unmask] outlining the
problem.

(All IMHO, of course - I may be way off track....)

Bruce
quaker-l