Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 10:24:49 -0500
> It is very simple:  when there is a duplicate, the  problem is never with
> LISTSERV. It  happens all  the time,  and there is  nothing you,  as list
> owner, can do about  it. Try sending the same message twice  to a list if
> you don't believe me.
>
>   Eric

I was going to smile and say "Yeah, and just like AT&T in the United
States which claims it never misbills telephone calls."

I then remembered that I have occasionally sent a double message to a
list; often the list processor gets the second message and bounces it,
saying it looks like the message was sent twice.

Question: is this done via the equivalent of "message digest" or via CRC?
I note also the system says that adding blank likes doesn't count.
---
Paul Robinson